Just in case you’re one of the poor souls who doesn’t actually think/know that Into You by Fabolous is one of the all-time greatest love songs.
I did that Guardian Music Six Songs Of Me thing, and for once, went with the first tracks that sprang to mind.
NOTE: Desperados Under The Eaves is my second choice funeral song; my first, AC/DC’s Ride On, was not available. FFS, Spotify.
Just in case you’re interested in reading one of the actual Best Album Review(s) Ever.
Andrew Bird - You Woke Me Up!
This shall be my soundtrack for all the gaps in between my traditional A380 screening of No Country For Old Men tonight/tomorrow.
Watching 20 or so suburban mums and one lady in a wheelchair rush the stage when Foreigner played Feels Like The First Time at the Palais Theatre, on the scale of transcendent musical moments, wipes the floor with every self-important/actually “important” indie band I was ever forced to suffer through.
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Born On The Bayou (live)
Straight up one of the most underrated of all the classic rock bands (along with Aerosmith’s back catalogue up to Pump, and Thin Lizzy).
Side note: look at John’s Timotei bob!
Deee-Lite - What Is Love? (World Clique, 1990)
Feel real sorry for people who don’t know this is Deee-Lite’s best song
These guys are very close to my heart.
1. Joy Division -Love Will Tear Us Apart
2. Pulp -Common People
3. David Bowie -Heroes
4. The Beach Boys -Good Vibrations
5. New Order -Blue Monday
6. The Stone Roses -She Bangs The Drums
7. The Smiths -There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
8. The Specials -Ghost Town
9. Dizzee Rascal -Fix Up, Look Sharp
10. Oasis -Wonderwall
11. The Rolling Stones -Sympathy For The Devil
12. The Ronettes -Be My Baby
13. Michael Jackson -Billie Jean
14. Sex Pistols -God Save The Queen
15. The Beatles -A Day In The Life
16. The Cure -Boys Don’t Cry
17. Bob Dylan -Like A Rolling Stone
18. The Beach Boys - God Only Knows
19. Madonna -Like A Prayer
20. The Stone Roses - I Am The Resurrection
Hahahahaha FUCK THE NME. Thoughts: